Information we hold about our customers
We collect and process various categories of personal information from you at the start of, and for the duration of, your relationship with us. We will limit the collection and processing of information to information necessary to meet our legal obligations and to enable us to arrange to products you have requested.
Please note that if you do not agree to provide us with the requested information, it may not be possible for us to continue to provide advice or to arrange products and services to you.
How we use your information
We will only use and share your information where it is necessary for us to carry out our lawful business activities. We may process your information where it is necessary to enter into a contract with you for the provision of our products or services or to perform our obligations under that contract. Please note that if you do not agree to provide us with the requested information, it may not be possible for us to continue to operate your account and/or provide products and services to you.
The way we use your data is described below.
We want to make sure you are aware of your rights in relation to the personal information we process about you. We have described those rights and the circumstances below. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, if you have any queries about how we use your personal information that are not answered here, or if you wish to complain, please contact us.
Please note that in some cases, if you do not agree to the way we process your information, it may not be possible for us to arrange products or policies on your behalf.
Further information or requests to invoke rights should be made in writing/email.
Your rights are summarised below.
Sharing data with 3rd parties
We will only use and share your information with third parties in the following circumstances:
- Where we have your permission.
- Where we are required by law and by law enforcement agencies, judicial bodies, government entities, tax authorities or regulatory bodies around the world with third party guarantors or other companies that provide you with benefits or services associated with your product or service.
- Where permitted by law, it is necessary for our legitimate interests or those of a third party, and it is not inconsistent with the purposes listed above.
How we keep your information
- By acting as an intermediary to provide you with products or services, we create records that contain your information, such as customer account records and activity records. Records can be held on a variety of media (physical or electronic) and formats.
- We manage our records to help us to serve our customers well and to comply with legal and regulatory requirements. Records help us demonstrate that we are meeting our responsibilities and to keep as evidence of our business activities.
- Retention periods for records are determined based on the applicable legal or regulatory requirements. We normally keep customer account records for the life span of any current policy or product that has been arranged by us in order that we can deal efficiently with any queries that you may have.
- Once products have come to an end we normally keep customer account records for a further 12 months.
- Retention periods may be changed from time to time based on business or legal and regulatory requirements.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure with us and with the third parties who act on our behalf.