Welcome to The Headache Academy
Why learn about Headache Disorders?
- Headache is one of the commonest reasons for patients to consult with a doctor. The Headache Academy feels the burden of headaches on patients, health services and society as a whole is extremely high. A wide range of effective treatments are available for most headache disorders.
- Studies show that headaches are under-estimated, under-diagnosed and under-treated
- Patient’s quality of life can be greatly improved by effective diagnosis and treatment. The aim of the Teaching Weekend is to help you to manage these disorders more effectively.
Learn how to:
- Assess patients with headache
- Diagnose major categories of headache accurately
- Decide when to investigate patients
- Understand the evidence base for currently available treatments
- Develop effective, individualised treatment plans for your patients
Who should attend Headache Academy Courses?
- Neurologists, Pain Specialists (including Facial Pain Specialists) and Paediatricians
- General Practitioners
- Specialist Registrars, Associate Specialists and Staff Grades in Neurology
- Specialist Registrars in Paediatrics, Emergency Medicine and General Practice
- Headache Specialist Nurses
- Allied Health Professionals
This course is accredited for 12 CPD points by the Royal College of Physicians
This meeting was part sponsored by AbbVie. AbbVie had no influence or input in the event.
This meeting was part sponsored by Eli Lilly and Company Limited. Lilly have had no influence on the content of this meeting.
This meeting is part sponsored by Lundbeck Ltd. Lundbeck was not involved in the choice of speakers or preparation of the course content provided by Headache Academy.
Teva UK Limited has part sponsored this event via provision of an exhibition stand and will be present on the day.