Welcome to The Headache Academy
Why learn about Headache Disorders?
- Headache is one of the commonest reasons for patients to consult with a doctor. The Headache Academy feels the burden of headaches on patients, health services and society as a whole is extremely high. A wide range of effective treatments are available for most headache disorders.
- Studies show that headaches are under-estimated, under-diagnosed and under-treated
- Patient’s quality of life can be greatly improved by effective diagnosis and treatment. The aim of the Teaching Weekend is to help you to manage these disorders more effectively.
Learn how to:
- Assess patients with headache
- Diagnose major categories of headache accurately
- Decide when to investigate patients
- Understand the evidence base for currently available treatments
- Develop effective, individualised treatment plans for your patients
Who should attend Headache Academy Courses?
- Specialist Registrars, Associate Specialists and Staff Grades in Neurology
- Specialist Registrars in Paediatrics, Emergency Medicine and General Practice
- Headache Specialist Nurses
This course is accredited for 12 CPD points by the Royal College of Physicians
The sponsors were not involved in the choice of speakers or preparation of the course content provided by Headache Academy